Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane. This apple frangipane tart is a classic French almond tart with a flaky pie crust and beautiul apples on top! Serve as a fancy sliced treat this holiday! Frangipane is decidedly French and particularly traditional around the Christmas holiday.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane – This recipe is great for when you have no idea what to cook. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane. You can have Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane
- Prepare of Pastry Dough.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need of Almond Frangipane.
- It’s 8 oz of slivered almonds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/4 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s of Apple Topping.
- It’s 5 of sliced apples.
Apple frangipane tart is easy to make. We love a good apple tart and the frangipane almond base is super easy. It is an almond pastry cream and is rich and velvety and pairs beautifully with apples. We threw a ladies Melbourne Cup lunch and this was our dessert.
Apple Pie with Almond Frangipane instructions
- Mix flour and salt..
- Add butter and cold water to the dough mixture until dough clumps are pea-sized. Place the dough in a refrigerator to chill..
- Prepare sliced apples. Add citrus to keep the apples from oxidizing..
- Turn the pastry dough until it forms a ball then roll it out onto a tart or pie pan. Return to chill in the refrigerator..
- Heat the oven to 375°F..
- Mix almonds, sugar, orange zest, leftover 1/4 stick of butter, and vanilla extract then blend with eggs..
- Pour the frangipane filling onto the pastry crust. Wedge the Apple slices into the filling..
- Placed over a metal tray, bake the pie for approximately 1 1/2 hours or until the pastry dough puffs and the apples turn golden brown. Allow the pie to cool for 30 minutes before serving..
- Before step 7, bake the crust for 15 minutes prior to adding fillings for a crisper crust..
Super quick to prepare using store bought pastry. With a layer of almond frangipane under the apples, it's a no-fuss combination of apple pie and French apple tart. I make a lot of galettes and crostatas. They are simply rustic pies, not constrained by a pie tin or tart ring. But, they can be called tarts, pies, or simply rustic tarts!