Creme brulee pie with fresh fruit.. Creme brulee pie with fresh fruit. maa-chan Spain. My aunt hates with a passion whipped cream, so I made this one recipe for her b-day! Top the finished Creme Brulee Pie with fresh berries for a colorful, showy finish.
Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat add butter and vanilla. This is an excellent creme brulee with a slightly tart kick. You can have Creme brulee pie with fresh fruit. using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Creme brulee pie with fresh fruit.
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 90 grams of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 75 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 50 grams of egg.
- It’s 205 grams of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 5 grams of baking powder.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- You need of lentils.
- It’s of custard.
- Prepare 1 1/2 liter of whole milk.
- It’s 400 grams of sugar.
- It’s 9 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 120 grams of cornstarch.
- You need 1 of lemon.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon branch.
- Prepare 1 of Fresh fruit (strawberries, kiwies, cherries…).
Serve with fresh fruit slices (orange or kiwi suggested) and whipped cream, if desired. Remove the crust from the freezer and place a sheet of parchment on top of the pie crust, making sure it extends far beyond the edges of the pie, and top the paper with pie weights or uncooked. Once your Crème Brûlée Pie is caramelized, you can serve immediately, or refrigerate it. Serve with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and fresh berries.
Creme brulee pie with fresh fruit. instructions
- Dough: Cut the cold butter in small cubes and work them with your fingers until pomace point and add the sugar. Mix well..
- Add the eggs one by one, and then the flour and the baking powder. Kneed it on a plain surface and make a ball. Wrapped in film paper and reserve in the fridge 24 hours..
- NEXT DAY: Pre-heat oven to 180C. Put a baking sheet under the cold dough and roll it until it's enough to cover the mold..
- Rub butter on the inside of the mold, coat it with flour and extend the dough. Put another baking paper covering the dough and fill the gap with lentils..
- After 20 minuts remove the lentils and the paper. Bake until golden brown. Let it cool down before removin from the mold..
- Custard: Bring 3/4 parts of the milk with the cinnamon and 2 stripes of the lemon skin (remove the white from inside) to boiling point. Let it cool and reserve in fridge 24 hours..
- NEXT DAY: Mix the cornstarch, the 1/4 of milk and the egg yolks and mix well making sure there are no lumps..
- Remove the cinnamon and the lelon from the milk, add the sugar and bring it to boiling point. Quovkly removr it and add it yo the yolk mic and stir rapidly until it thickens a bit..
- Bring the custard to boil, boil it gor 1 min. stiring all the time or the bottom will get burned. Transfer it to a deep plater/tray to cool it down..
- Once both are cold you may procide to fill the dough with custard. You can put some blubrrries or chopped fruit in between layers..
- Decorate with the fresh fruit on top. Leave in the fridge until serving it..
The finished pie will hold up under refrigeration for two days. This Caramel Creme Brulee Pie is a fun take on classic Creme Brulee with a pie crust and an added layer of caramel. It's so easy and absolutely sublime! I made this Caramel Creme Brulee Pie last year in celebration of National Pie Day – so, in other words, a holy day. Lightly prick bottom of shell all over with a fork, then line with parchment or foil and fill with pie weights.