Chicken Pot Pie. Try Our Savory Chicken Pot Pie Recipe For The Perfect Comfort Food. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. Melt the butter in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
Cut the chicken into large dice. In a small saucepan, heat the chicken stock and dissolve the bouillon cubes in the stock. In a large pot or Dutch oven,. You can have Chicken Pot Pie using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Pot Pie
- Prepare 10 oz of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need 5 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1 small of onion, chopped (~ 3/4 cup).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts.
- You need 1 of pie crust (store-bought rolled up raw dough).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of potato chunks.
Chicken pot pie is truly an heirloom recipe—cooks have been making it for centuries. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic. A delicious chicken pot pie made from scratch with carrots, peas, and celery for a comfort food classic.
Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Need 2-3 cups chopped/cubed cooked chicken. If starting with raw chicken breasts, place meat in baking dish, season with salt and pepper, and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 or until done. Let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes, then cut up into bite-sized cubes or shred with a fork. Increase oven temp to 425 for baking the pie..
- If adding potatoes, cut into chunks and boil in lightly salted water until almost done (~ 10 minutes)..
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook – stirring constantly – until mixture is thick and bubbly. Stir in broth and milk and bring to a boil while stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add chicken and veggies..
- Roll pie dough out so it is large enough to cover baking dish. Pour filling into baking dish. Lay the pie dough over the filling and crimp the dough to the sides to seal the edges. Poke a few times with a fork or knife to allow steam to vent..
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes until crust is golden brown..
Chicken Pot Pie is a classic one pot meal that can be made with different variations of your choice, Sarah Carey makes this comforting dish with fresh vegetables, chicken, and a fantastic buttery crust. Read the full recipe after the video. Paula's classic Southern Homestyle Chicken Pot Pie Recipe is the ultimate comfort food and is budget-friendly, perfect for leftover chicken. Make the crust and then the filling using cooked chicken, green beans, corn kernels, carrots, onion and celery. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce.