You can cook African tennis using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of African tennis
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1/4 of sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- You need Pinch of nutmeg powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoon of warm water.
- It’s of Vegetable oil for frying.
African tennis instructions
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, sugar, yeast together in a deep bowl.
- Break in the egg.
- Mix together properly and add the little warm water to form a hard stretchy mold.
- So this is what i think makes this snack special and slightly different from the Nigerian buns. You have to cut in small molds and then sun dry for the dough to rise and also harden a bit. But i made use of a food dehydrator to dry mine instead of the sun since its same effect..
- After a while you will notice the outer skin of the dough is slight hard but the inside feels like balloon and the dough most have risen.
- Gently lift the sun dried dough without puncturing the balloon shape and place in hot vegetable oil on low heat and fry until golden brown.
- Then remove and place on a sieve to drain properly..