Paleo Herb Scones. In other words, these herb scones are delicious, but they are best enjoyed as a treat or as a healthy getaway when cravings for bread are too high. Use this AIP Master Scones Recipe to make the best Paleo, egg-free, nut-free scones in a variety of flavors: lemon, blueberry, strawberry, chocolate chip, cinnamon-sugar, bacon-herb and more. These crispy crumbly-edged on the outside, tender in the middle sweet biscuits are as flavorful or plain as you wish them to be — like classic cream.
Paleo Herb Scones A few of my Cookpad colleagues are following #Paleo or #Keto diets so I made a batch of scones for them to enjoy. I think mine were a touch salty (I overcompensated because I was worried about them being bland), so I've reduced the salt in the recipe below. Paleo scones made with coconut and almond flour, Paleo scones made with just almond flour, Paleo scones made a mix of Paleo flours, including tapioca flour. You can cook Paleo Herb Scones using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Paleo Herb Scones
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of ground almonds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried tarragon.
- You need 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.
These different Paleo flours yield different results when baking. These Paleo Chocolate Chip Scones are tender and moist on the inside with a crispy exterior. They are grain free, gluten free, made without heavy creamy and sweetened with maple syrup – the perfect Paleo scone! For Chocolate Chip Paleo Scones – replace the cranberries and orange with dairy-free chocolate chips.
Paleo Herb Scones instructions
- Combine the almonds, salt and baking soda in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, eggs and honey. Then stir in the herbs..
- Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the wet..
- Bring the dough together in a sticky ball. Then roll gently into a sausage shape in a sheet of baking paper..
- Cut the dough into rounds and place the rounds on a tray lined with baking paper..
- Bake at 190 C for 15 mins or until golden brown and risen..
Try Savory Paleo Scones by making the basic scone recipe (without additional flavors). Perhaps, add fresh herbs, chopped bacon. Add the almond meal, arrowroot, nutritional yeast flakes, baking powder, mustard, paprika and sea salt to a large bowl. Grain-Free Dark Chocolate Cherry Scones (Paleo) Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. Bake a batch of my grain-free dark chocolate cherry scones if you're craving a paleo-friendly, grain-free treat!