Grandma's apple pie #HelpfulCook. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Apple Pie by Grandma Ople Apple Pie by Grandma Ople. So this year, instead of making Air Fryer Apple Hand Pies to celebrate Independence Day, I decided to make my own version of Grandma's Apple Pie recipe.
This is a recipe for apple pie that I got from allrecipes.com and it is THE BEST apple pie I have ever had. It is different that ordinary apple pie, the fresh apples are placed in the crust, covered in a lattice top and smothered in a decadent sauce. Whoever Grandma Ople is, I would really like to thank her for she sure knows how to make a mean apple pie! You can cook Grandma's apple pie #HelpfulCook using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grandma's apple pie #HelpfulCook
- You need 125 g of butter.
- It’s 125 g of sugar.
- Prepare 2-3 of eggs.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 200 g of flour.
- Prepare 2 of level tsp. baking powder.
- You need 1-4 tbsp. of milk.
- Prepare 4-5 of apples.
- You need of Lemon juice.
For my crust, I use a recipe for pie. Combine apples and lemon juice in mixing bowl. Combine sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour sugar mixture over apples, and stir to coat.
Grandma's apple pie #HelpfulCook instructions
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and salt..
- Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl..
- Add flour mixture to the bowl, mix, and add milk to make the mixture softer. Fill it in the tin or springform. This recipe is for a 28 cm springform but you can just as well use a different tin and use the leftover mixture for muffins, see step 6!.
- Peel the apples, cut them into quarters and remove the core. Make slight cuts into the round surface, drizzle lemon juice on them and press them into the cake mixture (round side up)..
- Bake at 175 degrees for 40-50 minutes..
- If you have mixture and apples leftover you can make muffins out of them. They need to bake for approx. 25mins, until golden-brown..
- When the cake reached its colour, take it out and sprinkle sugar on top. Let it cool down and enjoy! It goes well with whipped cream :).
Transfer top pastry to top of pie, trimming off excess. Fold edges under to seal, and flute rim. This homey apple pie may look traditional, but it has a game-changing secret ingredient: roasted Granny Smith apples. Cooking the apples in the oven beforehand makes the filling tender and gives the fruit a deep, caramelized flavor. Plus, you can roast the apples a day or two ahead (and prepare the pie dough too) and store them in the refrigerator, saving you prep time.