Fish & Chips.
You can cook Fish & Chips using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish & Chips
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour of your choice.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon-lime carbonated beverage.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- It’s 4 of medium russet potato, each cut into 8 wedges.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg, separated (or equivalent of egg substitute).
- It’s 1 lb of cod fillets.
Fish & Chips instructions
- Combine flour, lemon-lime beverage, & 2 tsp vegetable oil. Cover. Refrigerate 1-2 hrs..
- Pour 2 inches of oil in skillet. Heat oil over medium heat until it is 365 degrees. Add enough potatoes as will fit. Do not crowd. Fry potatoes until outsides are brown, 4-6 minutes, turning once..
- Drain wedges on paper towels; sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining wedges. Reserve oil to fry cod fillets..
- Stir egg yolk into flour mixture. Beat egg white with electric mixer set on high in small bowl until small peaks form. Fold whites into flour mixture. Set aside..
- Allow temperature of oil to return to 365 degrees. Rinse cod & pat dry with paper towels. Cut fillets into 6-8 pieces. Dip half of fish in batter. Fry until batter is crispy & brown, 4-6 minutes, turning once..
- Drain on paper towel. Repeat with remaining fish..
- Serve immediately with potato wedges..