Spicy tortilla encrusted baked tilapia. Ancho chile powder ¼ tsp. ground cumin Salt & pepper to taste. See recipes for Spicy tortilla encrusted baked tilapia too. Did you mean: tilapia baked ?
Tilapia is mild, and the spicy crust is very appealing. I like to make the crumb crust in bulk and freeze in Place tortilla pieces, pepper, lime juice, cilantro and spices in blender. Pulse until the mixture is Place on baking sheet. You can cook Spicy tortilla encrusted baked tilapia using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy tortilla encrusted baked tilapia
- It’s of fish.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fresh lime zest.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh lime juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red bell pepper, very finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of finely crushed tortilla chips. I used on the border brand.
- You need 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil divided. Half for fish coating, half for drizzle on before baking..
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 4 of talapia fillets, about 5 ounces each.
Spray tilapia and corn with nonstick cooking spray and place directly onto grill racks. This Baked Tilapia is one of the easiest tilapia recipes! The tilapia is drizzled with a lemon garlic butter sauce and then baked to flaky perfection. Make this dish spicy by adding red pepper flakes, sriracha or a little cayenne pepper to the lemon butter sauce.
Spicy tortilla encrusted baked tilapia instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Mix all the ingredients together except for fish and lime juice..
- Coat fish fillets evenly with mix. Drizzle a little olive oil on top..
- On a parchment lined baking tray place fillets. Bake 15 minutes or until fish is thoroughly cooked..
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on top to serve..
- Recipe by taylor68too..
You can substitute olive oil for the butter, but the. Place crushed tortillas in a shallow baking dish or a large plate. To encrust fish, take one strip at a time and lightly toss it in the flour mixture. Next, dip the fish into the eggs, then finish off by coating it with the crushed tortillas. Arrange fish stick on a parchment-lined baking sheet.