Deany's creamy mash potato.
You can have Deany's creamy mash potato using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Deany's creamy mash potato
- Prepare of For cooking the potatoes:.
- It’s 9 of small to medium size potatoes (Morris piper).
- Prepare 5-6 cups of cold water (enough water to cover and cook the potatoes).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fine salt (add to the water for cook potatoes).
- Prepare of For the creamy mash potatoes:.
- It’s 79 g of unsalted butter (add more or less depending on preference).
- Prepare 280 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Thomy mustard (or Dijon, use less or more depending on preference).
- You need of To taste salt and pepper.
Deany's creamy mash potato instructions
- Peel the potatoes, place them in a sieve or colander. Wash them under cold water. Drain any excess water, transfer onto a chopping and cut in half..
- Place the potatoes in a medium size pot, add enough water to cover them and add salt. On medium high heat bring water to a boil covered with a lid..
- Once water is boiling, remove the lid and continue to cook the potatoes until they are tender and soft. To check if potatoes are cooked, use a pointed knife. Poke a potato with the tip and if it goes in easily, the potatoes are done. Turn off the heat and transfer potatoes into a large bowl using a slotted spoon. Discard of liquid in the pot as we will use it to mash the potatoes..
- If using a potato ricer, place two potatoes in at each time. Press and push potatoes through (if using a masher, mash the potatoes until very smooth and puréed)..
- Continue the process in step 4 until all of the potatoes have been mashed. For extra smooth smash, sieve through using a spatula into another medium pot..
- Sieve in two stages depending how much mash mash you have..
- Turn heat back on to low. Add the butter using a spatula, stir the mash potatoes. Once butter has incorporated into the mash, turn heat up to medium. Then add milk bit by bit, continuously stirring (add as much or little depending on preference). Once milk is mixed in well and to the desired consistency, add a dollop of mustard. Stir in mustard well into the mash..
- Lastly season to taste with salt and pepper, stir well and taste. Adjust taste if needed (add more salt, pepper or mustard)..
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately while hot. Eat with meat of your choice and greens or salad as a side dish..