Peri Peri Chicken.
You can cook Peri Peri Chicken using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Peri Peri Chicken
- It’s 6 of chicken quarter legs.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of paprika.
- You need of Red bell pepper cubes 1 cup.
- Prepare 1 pound of red chilies chopped – African Bird’s Eye peppers are traditional, but you can sub with red pepper available to you.
- Prepare 10-12 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of paprika you can sub in other chili powders.
- You need 1/2 cup of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You need of Juice from 1 lemon.
- Prepare of Salt to taste (and black pepper, if desired).
- It’s 4 tbs of Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of Dried oregano.
- Prepare tbs of Onion powder1&1/2.
Peri Peri Chicken instructions
- In a chopper,add red bell pepper,garlic,red african chilies,dried oregano,black pepper powder,salt,onion powder,paprika powder,lemon juice,vinegar,cooking oil and grind well to make a paste.Peri peri sauce is ready!.
- In a bowl,add chicken pieces,(prepared peri peri sauce)marinate for 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator..
- Grease frying pan with cooking oil,place marinated chicken pieces and cook on low flame from both sides until done (approx. 15-20 minutes) and basting with remaining marinade,cover and turn sides in between..