Apple Pie Dip with Pear (crockpot). Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of Apple Pie Dip with Pear (crockpot) Prepare of For the dip. Beat cream cheese, yogurt, honey and gingerroot in medium bowl with spoon until creamy.
Pour fat-free caramel dip over apple and stir everything together. Toss the fruit slices with lemon juice until evenly coated in a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice and toss until evenly coated and distributed. You can cook Apple Pie Dip with Pear (crockpot) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie Dip with Pear (crockpot)
- You need of For the dip.
- It’s 2 cups of peeled, cored, and diced apple.
- Prepare 1-2 of pears peeled, cored, and diced.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh lemon/calamansi juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tsp water (make 10-15 mins before you want to added it) (I did not need to do this, thinking because I cooked this in a crockpot).
- It’s of For the chips (can skip and just use cinnamon graham crackers).
- You need 5 (6 inch) of tortillas.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter, melted.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
No one will believe you made this gorgeous pie in a slow cooker. Sprinkled with pistachios, this delicious pie features fresh pears and sweet figs in a cheddar-dotted pastry. It's a seasonal pie that definitely raises the bar for special-occasion desserts. Spray the slow cooker with non stick spray.
Apple Pie Dip with Pear (crockpot) step by step
- Peel and cut apples and pear cut into chunks or use an onion dicer. When cutting make sure there’s no skin if so just cut that piece off check for seeds.
- Combine all the dip ingredients in a small pan/ microwaveable bowl, or crockpot except the cornstarch-water mixture. (I added 1 tablespoon of butter).
- Heat for a few minutes until it’s boiling and has extracted juice from the apple. Crockpot- cook on high 1-2 hrs low about 3 hrs (starring occasionally).
- Add cornstarch-water mixture to the “sauce”.
- Put back in the microwave/stove top until boiling and the sauce has thickened. Crockpot- until it thickens up about 15 mins.
- Set aside. You can serve this warm or chilled. It doesn’t matter. It will taste delicious..
- For the chips.
- Cut tortillas into desired size. wedges or Triangles Put in a slightly greased baking pan. Brush the tortillas with butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, and bake at 210º C 410ºF until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Let them cool before serving and serve with the Apple Pie Dip.
- Notes- I used Cinnamon graham crackers, I like to use the crockpot because it’s easier for me and I like using gadgets to cook with, iam busy most of the time so I can just walk by this a stir it and have a nice snack or a dessert after dinner. I used 3 apple and one pear, because I didn’t have many Graham crackers on hand at the time of making this and I didn’t want to make to much, I really didn’t use the Measurements I did to taste..
- I will be making more next time it was a big it in my house, and it was so much easier than making a whole apple pie. (I thought the pear was a nice touch and added more flavor but not to much.) if using a bag of whole bag of apples I’d use 3 pears..
Add the cinnamon and sugar together. Sprinkle a small amount to cover the bottom of; the slow cooker. Next, add the sliced apples and pears. Use the remaining cinnamon sugar mix to cover the apples and pears. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water, add to the slow cooker.