Chicken Stew sauce with Mash.
You can cook Chicken Stew sauce with Mash using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Stew sauce with Mash
- It’s of Plenty of homemade chicken stock.
- You need of Onions,Leeks,or both.
- It’s of Swede.
- It’s of Carrots.
- Prepare cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare of Brussel Sprouts (optional).
- You need of Celery (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Sea Salt,maybe more if required.
- You need of Table Salt for seasoning at the end.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- It’s of For the mash potato.
- Prepare 800 g of Maris Piper Potatoes,any type good for mash.
- You need 250 ml of Pasteurized Cow Milk.
- It’s 100 g of Unsalted Butter.
- Prepare of The meat.
- You need 4 of defrosted frozen chicken breasts.
- You need of Parsnips.
Chicken Stew sauce with Mash instructions
- Put some Olive Oil in a medium saucepan.Fry chopped onions for about 10 minutes,or chopped Leeks,or even both together,then fry the chopped garlic cloves for 1 minute on a high heat and then add the homemade chicken stock and the 1 tsp. of Crystallized Sea Salt..
- Add the chopped swede and chopped carrots etc. The swede might be soft after 45 minutes of boiling,but can gently simmer the stew for about 2 hours,will probably need too add more homemade chicken stock,will need a lid on top whilst simmering..
- Peel potatoes,boil in a separate saucepan for about 20,or 30 minutes,drain the hot water out and then add the 200ml,or 250ml of Pasteurized Cow Milk and then the 100g of Unsalted Butter,melt – then mash.The mashed potato doesn't need to be hot,for it will be reheated in a large frying pan..
- For One portion,add 2 chicken breasts too your large frying pan with Olive Oil in the bottom of the frying pan,sear the chicken breasts on both sides for 2 minutes each and then allow to rest.Maybe add more Olive Oil too the frying pan and then fry some chopped onions,add half of the stew – if too thick,add some clean cold tap water.Boil until thickened through evaporation and then pull the thickened stew too One side of the large frying pan and then add the mash..
- Fry until satisfied and then chop up your cold – rested – cooked chicken breasts and then add too your thickened stew,within the large frying pan,when chicken breasts look down in the middle – then serve.Sprinkle a few pinches of Table Salt over the top..