Jamaican Beef Patties.
You can cook Jamaican Beef Patties using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Jamaican Beef Patties
- You need of vegetable oil.
- You need of onion, finely chopped.
- You need of curry powder.
- Prepare of ground beef.
- Prepare of thyme.
- You need of allspice.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare of pepper.
- You need of beef broth.
- Prepare of bread crumbs.
- It’s of (8oz) packages of crescent dough sheets.
- Prepare of egg, lightly beaten.
Jamaican Beef Patties instructions
- Heat oven to 400. Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add curry powder, cook for another minute. Stir in ground beef, thyme, allspice, salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes breaking up the beef until browned. Stir in broth and bread crumbs; cook for another 2 minutes and remove from heat..
- Unroll crescent dough. Cut each piece into 3 (8×4 pcs) for a total of 6. Roll each piece out slightly. Place about 1/2 cup of meat mixture on one half of one piece. Fold dough over and press edges to seal with a fork. (I have also used the crescent rolls for this and pinch two together to make a square).
- Place on a baking sheet and brush each with egg. Bake for 15 minutes..