Apple pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can cook Apple pie using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- It’s of For the pastry base.
- Prepare 200 gms of maida.
- You need 100 gms of butter salted.
- It’s 1 tbsp of milk.
- It’s 50 gms of icing sugar.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- You need 3 cups of diced apples.
- It’s 100 gms of brown sugar.
- You need 50 gms of white granular sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
Add sugar mixture; toss to coat. Put the apple filling in the pan and mound it slightly in the. Place the bottom crust in your pan. Cover with a lattice work crust.
Apple pie step by step
- For the pie crust, in a mixing bowl take maida, add chilled cubes of butter & rub it with your hands till you get a crumbly mix, then add cold milk & combine everything together, do not knead the dough..
- Once everything comes together cling wrap the dough & refrigerate it for 30 mins..
- After 30mins, preheat the oven to 180°c, remove the dough from the fridge & roll a thick chapati out of it,place it in a pie mould & press firmly, prick it with fork & place some kidney beans on it & bake it in a preheated oven for 18-20min..
- For apple pie filling, take butter in a saucepan,add diced apples to it & cook it for 15-20 mins on medium heat, once apples become little soft add both sugars & again cook it for 10min, you will see that apples start to caramelize after sometime, then add cinnamon & clove powder & cook it for another 10 mins till a thick filling is ready..
- Cool the apple filling a little, then fill it in the prebaked pie crust, cover it with pie dough strips & again bake it for 15 mins over 180°c till the top strips get a colour..
- Note- the second time pie should be baked only with the top coil on,so as to get the colour on the top side..
- Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream..
Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. Apple pie is an American classic that everyone should know how to make. Hundreds of thousands of people search for the best recipe.