Sour Cream Apple Pie. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. In large bowl, beat sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and egg with wire whisk until well blended; stir in apples.
Scrape the mixture into the pie shell. Combine egg, sour cream and vanilla in another bowl; mix well. Add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla. You can cook Sour Cream Apple Pie using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sour Cream Apple Pie
- It’s 1 of x 9" pie crust.
- Prepare of Pie filling:.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of tblsp all purpose flour.
- You need 1/8 of tspn salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 of tspn vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 2 cups of apple peeled & chopped (Granny Smith or similar).
- You need of Topping:.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 of tspn cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 cup of cold butter cut into small pieces.
Combine apples, sour cream, sugar, flour, egg, vanilla, and salt in large bowl and mix well. Mix sour cream with sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, egg, and coat apple slices with it: In a large bowl put the sour cream, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and egg. Use a wooden spoon and beat by hand until smooth. Fold in the apples and stir until all of the apples are coated with the sour cream filling mixture.
Sour Cream Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°..
- Mix all of the pie filling ingredients (except the apple) in a medium-large bowl. Then mix the apple in..
- Pour the pie filling into the pie shell..
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes..
- Then turn down the oven to 350° & continue baking for 30 minutes..
- Right before the 30 minutes expires, mix the topping ingredients together in a small bowl..
- Add the topping and bake another 15 minutes..
- Can be served warm or at room temp. Store in the refrigerator. It's really good cold the next day. 😊.
In a large bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, sugar, flour and vanilla. Make the sour cream-apple pie filling While the crust is chilling, in a medium bowl, whisk the sour cream, sugar, eggs, flour, vanilla, zest, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg until smooth. Assemble and bake the apple pie Carefully layer the apples in the pie plate, as you would a gratin, gently flattening them as you go. Sour cream apple pie is a delightful twist on your regular apple pie. Sweetened and sauteed apples are suspended in a custard filling and instead of a top crust, this pie is topped with a big crumb topping.