Tomato lamb shanks.
You can have Tomato lamb shanks using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tomato lamb shanks
- You need 4 of lamb shanks.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 sticks of Thyme.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion finely diced.
- You need 400 g of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 500 ml of hot water.
- You need of Salt to flavour.
Tomato lamb shanks step by step
- Preheat the oven to 200°.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven proof casserole dish and brown the lamb thanks. Once browned, take them out and add onion in the same pan and fry for 3-4 minutes. And add the black pepper..
- Put the lamb back in the pot and add tinned tomatoes and enough hot water. Season to taste..
- Put in the oven for 2 and half hours. Check in two hours and see if it's ready and cooked..
- Add thyme and move to a casserole dish. It's ready to serve with mashed potatoes and peas..