Black Eyed Peas Rice.
You can cook Black Eyed Peas Rice using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black Eyed Peas Rice
- It’s of A. Soaked and Softened.
- Prepare 150 g of black eyed peas.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of B. Cooking the rice.
- Prepare 2 C of (rice cup) Basmati rice.
- You need of Small Pinch of Salt.
Black Eyed Peas Rice step by step
- A – Place black eyed peas in a pot. Cover with water. Soak for at least few hours or overnight. Drain and rinse peas under cold water. Cook with enough water and bring to a boil until peas are almost tender. Add a teaspoon of salt. Once tender, remove pot from the heat. Drain water..
- B – Wash Basmati rice few times. Add boiled peas with enough water to cook the rice in the rice cooker. Cook like usual. Some add salted butter in their black eyed peas rice. For a healthier version, omit butter, just add pinch of salt (to taste). Done..