Apple Pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can cook Apple Pie using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- Prepare 4 each of Granny Smith apples (tart).
- You need 4 each of Fuji Apples (sweet).
- It’s 2 each of Lemon's Juice (1/2 cup).
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar (white).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of All purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground cloves.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cubed butter.
- You need 2 of Pie crust- ready or homemade.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets.
Apple Pie instructions
- Slice apples. After the first few slices, pour the lemon juice in the bowl with Apples. This keeps apples from browning while you are slicing..
- Add the remaining 6 ingredients. The mixtures will begin to moisten as you fold ingredients. Press crust in pie pan. Pour mixture in. Place pats of butter around mixture. Top with the second crust. Seal. Slice 3 small slits on the top crust..
- Bake at 375°F until crust is golden brown and mixture is bubbling, one hour. Place a long pan underneath pie plate to catch overflow..
It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Place assembled pie on a rimmed baking sheet. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings.