Apple pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can cook Apple pie using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple pie
- It’s of pastry.
- Prepare 500 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 250 grams of butter.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 180 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare of filling.
- It’s 150 grams of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of granny smith apples.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 of handfull of raspberries.
- Prepare 1 of few shots of apple juice.
- It’s of baking.
- Prepare 20 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 1 of egg whites.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets.
Apple pie instructions
- MAKING THE PASTRY Rub the cubed butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir through the sugar and beaten egg. Knead gently and briefly just until the whole thing forms a soft dough ball – don’t overwork or else the pastry will be tough when cooked. Wrap the dough in Clingfilm and chill in the fridge for at least an hour to relax. Roll the relaxed dough on a lightly floured surface to the thickness of 1cm. Lay over a tart case and gently press into the edges, trim off any excessive pastry then chill again for 15 minutes as you preheat an oven to 190°C..
- MAKING THE FILLING Peel and cut the apples into thick slices, chucking them into a bowl. Throw the sugar, cinnamon and raspberries in with the apple and toss together with a good squeeze of apple juice. Tip the apple mixture into the chilled tart shell..
- THE TOPPING Brush the top of the sides of the tart shell. Roll another circle of dough that is slightly bigger than the tart case and drape it over the apples. Make a lattice if you prefer. Trim the lid to fit the tart, then pinch the lid into the brushed sides of the tart shell with fingers or a fork. Poke a few slits into the middle of the lid to allow steam to escape the pie. Brush the egg white over the pie lid then sprinkle with caster sugar..
- BAKING AND FINISHINGPlace the pie in the oven for 50 minutes..
It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Place assembled pie on a rimmed baking sheet. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings.