You can have Lamb_fatteh using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lamb_fatteh
- You need 500 g of lamb meat – cubed.
- It’s 500 g of to 750 g yoghurt or as needed.
- It’s 2 of medium onions – sliced.
- It’s 2 loaves of bread – toasted & cubed.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves – mashed.
- You need 2 tbsp of ghee or butter.
- It’s 1 liter of water.
- You need pods of cardamom.
- You need 1/2 of nutmeg.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of whole cloves.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of salt – or as needed.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted pine nuts – Garnish.
Lamb_fatteh step by step
- In a suitable pot, add 1 tbsp ghee and meat, stir together until browned then add the spices & add the water then bring to a boil then add the onions..
- Then simmer on low heat untill the meat is soft and well cooked..
- In a suitable bowl, combine the yoghurt, garlic and salt..
- In a deep serving dish of your choice, layer the toasted bread, add the meat mixture with some broth and salt to taste..
- Finally spread a layer of yoghurt mixture on top & garnish with the roasted pine nuts & Serve hot..
- Made by:Bara'a Chougari.