Apple Pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can cook Apple Pie using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- Prepare 1 of 9" double pie crust.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 8 each of Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets.
Apple Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 475°F..
- Melt butter in saucepan..
- Stir in flour to form paste..
- Add water, sugar and brown sugar and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat and let simmer..
- Place bottom crust in pie pan and fill with apples, mounded slightly..
- Cut 2nd pie crust into 1" strips..
- Place strips over apples in a weave pattern to form lattice work crust.
- Gently pour mixture over lattice work crust. Pour slowly to allow mixture to penetrate apples..
- Bake 15 minutes..
- Reduce heat to 350°F. Continue baking 30 to 45 minutes until apples are soft..
It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Place assembled pie on a rimmed baking sheet. Whether you prefer doing everything from scratch or getting a head start with pre-made piecrust, we've got all the recipes you need to satisfy your apple pie cravings.