Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly. Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly Taylor Topp USA. This is my mother's apple pie recipe. It is truly delicious and THE only apple pie my father, husband and I will eat!
This keeps apples from turning brown until all are peeled and sliced and adds touch. Be sure to remove all the seeds. Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly Instructions. You can cook Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly
- You need of pie.
- Prepare 2 of prepared pie crusts for 9" pie plate. Use store bought or homemade.
- It’s 1/2 cup of splenda. Can you same amount in regular sugar if not making diabetic friendly..
- You need 3 tbsp of splenda brown sugar. Use 1/4 cups of brown sugar if not using splenda version..
- It’s 5 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 8 cup of peeled, cored and thinly sliced apples. Mom uses gala apples and measurement is equivalent to 9 medium apples..
- You need 1/4 cup of raisins.
- You need 1 of lemon and its juice. Be sure to remove all the seeds..
- Prepare 1/4 cup of melted unsalted butter.
In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Place sliced apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Toss until apples are thoroughly coated. Carolyn, I am SOOOOO picky when it comes to apple pie.
Mom's apple pie/ diabetic friendly instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Place one pie crust on pie plate leaving about 1/4 of pie crust over edges.
- In large bowl of cold water,place lemon and juice of lemon and put apple slices in water as you peel and prepare.This keeps apples from turning brown until all are peeled and sliced and adds touch of lemon flavor..
- In another bowl combine sugars,flour, cinnamon, allspice and salt..
- Thoroughly drain apples and let sit for several minutes to allow as much water to drain as possible. Then mix in melted butter and sugar mixture.Toss to coat apples well..
- Put apples in bottom pie crust and mound into middle of pie..
- Take second crust and place over pie taking the bottom edges and folding them up and under top edges to seal..
- Make a slit in center to vent while baking..
- Place pie on a baking tray that can hold any juices that overflow from pie while baking. Forgetting this step leads to cleaning oven next day :).
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Lower oven to 350 and continue to bake for another 45-50 minutes until golden brown..
- Enjoy with sugar free vanilla ice cream on the side..
In fact, I only like my mom's! Hers is the standard I measure by. Well, my aunt came to visit us last night from another state, and she is diabetic, so I skeptically looked up no-sugar-added recipes. A great desert for our diabetic friends. These adorable mini apple pie pastries make a delightful addition to a dessert buffet or snack tray.