Creamed spinach on toasted English muffins. In a pan add the butter and when melted and bubbling at the flour to crest a rue. Then slowly add the cream followed by the garlic. When the sauce is all together check the seasoning and then add the spinach.
Top each English muffin half with some spinach, arranging around edges with a divot in the middle. Crack the eggs into centers and season with salt and pepper. Spoon leftover creamed spinach onto the toast slices, spreading the spinach all the way to the edges. You can have Creamed spinach on toasted English muffins using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamed spinach on toasted English muffins
- You need 500 g of spinach.
- You need of Good knob of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- You need 1 of tspn minced garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of milk.
- Prepare 150 ml of cream.
- You need 1 of English muffin per person.
- Prepare of Optional eggs, bacon and sausages.
Top each with a sprinkle of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Wash your spinach well but no need to spin or pat it dry. Place spinach in a large pot over high heat. But the layers of muffins on the bottom makes the perfect buttery "crust" and it was just perfect to pop in the oven on a busy morning for company or during.
Creamed spinach on toasted English muffins instructions
- Place the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water to wilt the spinach (you may need to do this a couple of times) once done squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Then chop and set to one side.
- In a pan add the butter and when melted and bubbling at the flour to crest a rue. Allow to cool out for a minute or 2 and add the milk a little at a time to make a smooth paste. Then slowly add the cream followed by the garlic..
- When the sauce is all together check the seasoning and then add the spinach. Combine well and you are ready to go..
- Serve on toasted English muffins along with what ever else you fancy.
Irish Bangers Sausages, creamed spinach, gruyere, fried egg, on buttery buttered crispy toasted mini english muffins. Place one slice of cheese on one half of each English muffin. Drain on a paper towel, and set aside. Halve English muffins and then toast both halves. Arrange the creamed spinach on the bottom half of each muffin, follow by an egg-baked portobello mushroom.