spicy black eyed pea soup.
You can have spicy black eyed pea soup using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of spicy black eyed pea soup
- Prepare 13 oz of dry black eye peas.
- You need 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/3 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 medium of red pepper.
- You need 1 medium of green pepper.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of minced jalapenos.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (may add more to suit your taste).
- Prepare 3/4 envelope of chicken bolion cube.
- You need 1 packages of smoked turkey sausage (you can use any smoked meat of your choice).
- It’s 4 slice of turkey bacon (you can use pork bacon as well).
- Prepare 1 can of okra.
spicy black eyed pea soup instructions
- soak beans in bowl of water over night. Make sure you put enough water in the bowl beacuse the beans will expand.
- cut up all vegetables in to bite size pices.
- cook turkey Bacon 1/2 way & cut into 1in pieces.
- put all ingredients into crock pot & set on low. Cook for 8 to 10 hrs.
- goes good with multi grain bread & rice.