Sobzee's Apple Pie. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with Cheddar cheese, if desired. Sobzee's Apple Pie step by step.
When the mixture resembles pebbles and there are no big lumps of butter add the ice water and the apple cider vinegar. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. You can cook Sobzee's Apple Pie using 15 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sobzee's Apple Pie
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 3 cup of Flour.
- You need 1 cup of Cold Butter.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 of a pinch of salt.
- It’s 7 tbsp of Ice water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 7 medium of sized apples (preferably green apples).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sugar + 2 Tbsps.
- It’s 1 of A pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon (more or less as desired).
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg or ground cloves (optional).
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
Toss apples with bacon, cheese, brown sugar and fresh thyme. Experience great taste at fabulous prices. Crafted with quality ingredients and true passion, all our Sensations by Compliments products are free of artificial flavours and colours. If you're looking for the best apples for apple pie and you don't want to dig too deep, go ahead and pick up a bag of Granny Smiths.
Sobzee's Apple Pie instructions
- To make the Crust: Cut the chilled butter into small cubes.
- Mix the butter with the flour and baking powder using a potato masher.
- When the mixture resembles pebbles and there are no big lumps of butter add the ice water and the apple cider vinegar.
- Collect the dough and form 2 balls (one for the top layer and one for the bottom one).
- Cover in plastic wrap and leave it to rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- To make the Filling: Slice and core the apples add a very small amount of lemon juice to prevent from oxidation.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon , flour, salt and nutmeg to the sliced apples and stir well.
- Put all of them in a pan and start the heat on medium low until it bubbles then on low add the water and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool down.
- To assemble the pie: Between two wax papers with a rolling pin roll one piece of dough and transfer it to your baking dish.
- Refrigerate it until its needed.
- Preheat oven to 180°F Celsius.
- Repeat the process with dough piece no. 2, roll it and refrigerate it rolled out and covered with cling film until it is needed.
- When the filling is completely cool, get the dish out of the fridge add the filling to it cover it with the rolled dough.
- Tuck the sides of the dough and seal them well, make slits in the dough to allow it to bake well.
- Bake it for 40-50 minutes on the middle rack of the oven.
- Let it cool down for 2-3 hours before you serve it.
- Serve it with ice cream or whipped cream and enjoy.
They're everyone's go-to apples for baking (mine included) because they're tart and firm, keeping their shape while providing a perfect balance to the sweet ingredients. When it comes to desserts, apple pie is an instant classic. We sampled frozen apple pie from Sara Lee, Mrs. Smith, and Marie Callender's to see which one should get a spot on your table. Set up later Two crossed lines that form an 'X'.