Home made Abacha na akidi (cassava flakes and black eyed peas). Abacha is a traditional Nigerian meal from Igboland. The name of the dish is Abacha and the name of the ingredients is also abacha. See recipes for No-cook abacha, Abacha and Mkpuru Akidi too.
Anyway, I needed some akidi and I could not source any beans with it's resemblance, so I. Abacha, also referred to as African salad is a traditional Igbo meal of eastern Nigeria, abacha which originated from Enugu is made from cassava. Abacha can be served as an appetizer or main meal, it is mostly used to welcome visitor before serving them the main meal. You can cook Home made Abacha na akidi (cassava flakes and black eyed peas) using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Home made Abacha na akidi (cassava flakes and black eyed peas)
- It’s of Abacha.
- Prepare of Black eyed peas (boiled to soft perfection).
- It’s of Dry peppers.
- It’s of Ehuru (calabash nutmeg).
- You need of Crayfish.
- It’s of Salt (to taste).
- It’s of Ngu or akanwu.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- It’s of For the toppings.
- You need of Garden eggs.
- You need of Onions.
- Prepare leaves of Garden egg.
- You need of Fish (seasoned and fried).
Easiest Way to Make Delicious Home made Abacha na akidi (cassava flakes and black eyed peas). Recipe: Delicious Cowpeas seeds with chapati #authormarathon #mymomsrecipe. How to make abacha and black beans (akidi). Abacha popularly known as African salad is a major food eating by Igbo people of Nigeria, even those that are not from Igbo land.
Home made Abacha na akidi (cassava flakes and black eyed peas) instructions
- Soak the cassava flakes in cold water till soft and drain it.
- Dissolve the ngu or akanwu with water.
- Toast the dry peppers, ehuru and crayfish.
- Blend the toasted peppers, ehuru and crayfish.
- Pour the melted ngu or akanwu in a clean pot or bowl.
- Add the oil and mix. Keep adding more oil or ngu until the mixture becomes light yellow..
- Add the blended peppers, white and crayfish into the oil mix. Add salt.
- Now, add the softened abacha to the pot or bowl and mix thoroughly..
- Add the black eyed peas and sliced garden egg mix or use it as topping..
- Dish your abacha and add the toppings. Enjoy your meal! ☺.
Today we bring you Tapioca with black beans (abacha-akidi), this a highly regarded dish in the Igbo land. How to make a delicious abacha(african salad). Abacha is a delicious meal which Abacha is processed from cassava and goes through more process to get it in it's lean form which is If you will make use of akidi,then cook it before the preparation likewise the fried fish or dry meat. Learn how to make tried and trie southern black eyed peas. Pour on some hot sauce and give me a fat piece of cornbread on the side and I'm a happy gal!