Manaich zaater (thyme) & cheese, Lebanese pizza,. How to make Manaesh with Thyme "Za'atar" at home. It is a type of pastry very similar to Pizza but with a special thyme and herbs mixture known in the. Make Zaatar manakish and enjoy. -In bowl,add coarsely grounded sesame seeds,sumac powder,dried thyme,dried oregano,salt,black pepper powder and mix well.
Manakish Zaatar is a traditional Lebanese variety of pita bread spiced with Zaatar. This Middle Eastern delicacy is similar to a pizza, made of soft pita base topped with zaatar. Manakish Zaatar is basically a flatbread with spice toppings that can be eaten for Zaatar is a popular Middle Eastern spice mix, a combination of dried oregano, thyme, sesame. You can have Manaich zaater (thyme) & cheese, Lebanese pizza, using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Manaich zaater (thyme) & cheese, Lebanese pizza,
- You need of For dough.
- You need 50 g of sugar.
- Prepare 20 g of yeast.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 kg of flour.
- You need as needed of Water.
Manoushe, manakeesh, manoush, manakish, manaeesh, regardless of how you spell it phonetically it means one thing. The Manakish are well known in the Levant especially in Lebanon, Syria, Jordon and Palestine. Thyme mixture Manakish zaatar is a delicious Middle Eastern flatbread topped with zaatar spice. Learn how to make this delicious bread from scratch with just a few ingredients.
Manaich zaater (thyme) & cheese, Lebanese pizza, step by step
- In dough kneader add all ingredients, add water gradually while you are kneading, untill you have soft dough..
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and then with a clean cloth, leave it in a warm place to rest at least half an hour or to double in size.
- The longer dough rise the best result you gain.
- Divide dough in to equall balls, cover them with a piece of cloth let them rest for about 15 minutes.
- Spread enough amount of flour on the working surface.
- Take one dough ball, and with a rolling pin roll dough in a circular shape to reach the size and thickness you desire.
- Pre heat oven at maximum high heat.
- Place the rolled dough on baking try, add the desired topping (thyme or cheese), bake it in heated oven about 5 minutes or untill it gain light color (be careful don't exceed in baking other wise it will becomes hard).
- Thyme Topping : thyme (zaatar) mixed with vegetable oil mixture must be thick, Lebanese thyme can be found in any Turkish or Arabic shop.
- Cheese topping : amount as needed ; fette cheese and grinded mozerella cheese (half half), butter dough surface with some butter then sprinkle cheese over.
- Serve Manaich, hot with desired veggies (tomatoes, cucumber, olives, mint….).
Zaatar Manakish is a breakfast Lebanese Zaatar Bread Recipe which is mixed with a thyme, sumac In the Middle East, they call this recipe Zaatar Manakish or Manakeesh. Manakish (Arabic: مناقيش, romanized: manāqīsh), or in singular form man'ousheh, or other spellings, sometimes called Arabic: فَطَايِر, romanized: faṭāyir, is a popular Levantine food consisting of dough topped with thyme, cheese, or ground meat. Mana'esh or Manakish with thyme or zaatar is a staple for breakfast in all of the Middle East countries. If it's on the bitter side, it's thyme-heavy. Manakish Zaatar recipe from The Kitchn.