Apple Pie. Our classic apple pie takes a shortcut with easy Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust! Baked with a filling of fresh apples and warm spices, there is as much simple joy in preparing this pie as there is in eating it. Each bite makes your friends and family feel warm, cozy and like they're wrapped in a hug.
Serve a la mode with a side of vanilla bean ice cream. In a small bowl, combine sugars, flour and spices; set aside. In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. You can have Apple Pie using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Pie
- It’s 3 cup of Diced Apples.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon or Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Whole Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Butter (Optional).
- You need 2 of Pastry Pie Crust (Homemade or Store Bought).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Flour.
Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. It signifies the start of cozy fall days, and it's the ultimate dessert to kick off the season. In a bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening.
Apple Pie instructions
- Preheat over 400°F.
- Wash, peel, and dice apples..
- Mix apples, sugar, flour, and spice together until well blended..
- Place one unbaked pie crust into 9 inch pie pan..
- Add mixture into unbaked pie crust..
- Add milk and butter over top..
- Place 2nd pie unbaked pie crust on top and fasten edges securely..
- Bake 45 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Apple pie is as all-American as dessert gets. Whether you're craving a classic recipe or a twist, our collected favorites are sure to satisfy. Apple Pie Recipes Nothing compares to the warm, flaky crust and sweet, juicy filling of our favorite comfort food: apple pie.