Apple Pie from scratch. Peel the apples, then core and slice. In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon. Mix until combined and all apples are coated.
Place sliced apples in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and flour. Stir well and pour mixture over apples. You can cook Apple Pie from scratch using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Pie from scratch
- You need of Filling.
- It’s 2 1/2 medium of apples.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 pinch of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 dash of rum.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Pastry.
- Prepare 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 100 grams of butter.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cold water.
Cut half of butter into small pieces and add to apples. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with lemon juice, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Transfer apple mixture into the crust-lined pie dish. Put them into a large bowl and mix with sugars (white and brown), salt, lemon juice, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Apple Pie from scratch step by step
- Mix flour, butter and salt in a bowl to make the pastry dough..
- Don't over knead the dough. Cut the dough into two disks, wrap in cling film and leave to rest for least 30 min..
- Pre heat the oven..
- Peel, core and cut the apple into 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick slices..
- Add the remaining ingredients for the filling to the apples..
- Take one pastry disk and roll it to form the base. Line the pastry tin..
- Pour the filling into the tin..
- Roll the other pastry disk to form the lid and arrange over the apples. Pinch in the edges to secure..
- Cut some slits on the top, for the steam to escape..
- Bake the pie till the crust turns golden and you can see the apple filling bubble through the slits..
- Serve with cream or ice cream..
Toss the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and flour together. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie plate, packing in the apples the best you can. Place the second pie crust on top. You want to make it all from scratch, baby! Despite being completely homemade, these Amish-Style Fried Apple Pies are super easy to make and the end result is a tender, flaky, buttery pie crust, filled with a delicious cinnamon sugar apple pie filling, and a sweet glaze that hardens to perfection.