🍝🥗🥘Matar Pulao or Peas Pulao🍝🥗🥘.
You can have 🍝🥗🥘Matar Pulao or Peas Pulao🍝🥗🥘 using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍝🥗🥘Matar Pulao or Peas Pulao🍝🥗🥘
- Prepare 1/4 cup of oil or Ghee.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 3-4 of Cloves.
- You need 2 of Black Cardamom.
- Prepare 5-6 of Black Peppercorns.
- It’s 2 of Bay Leaves.
- You need 2 cups of Long Grain Basmati Rice.
- Prepare 1 of onion (peeled and thinly sliced).
- You need 2 tsp of Salt or to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of Peas fresh or frozen(Boiled until soft).
🍝🥗🥘Matar Pulao or Peas Pulao🍝🥗🥘 instructions
- Wash the rice and soak in 3-4 cups of water..
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan. Add cumin seeds and fry for a few seconds..
- Slightly crush cloves, black cardamom and black peppercorns and add them in the ghee. Add bay leaf..
- Add onions and cook till golden brown. Drain the rice. Add soaked rice along with salt, peas and 4 cups of water in the pan..
- Cover the pan and cook the pulao on low heat till rice is done..
- Remove the pan from heat and let the pulao rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the pulao with a fork. Serve hot with Raita or Curry..
- #Notes: Use long grain basmati rice to make Matar Pulao. The grains are long and very fragrant giving this peas pulao a lovely aroma and texture. If the rice is old, it’s best for making pulao..
- You can use fresh or frozen peas to make peas pulao. If using fresh peas, cook them until they are softened before adding them in the rice. You can add some garam masala powder and fried onion to your pulao to give it a slightly different taste..
- Adding a few lemon drops while cooking the pulao makes it fluffy and whiter. So do add a few drops while cooking it. Washing the rice prior to cooking makes it fluffier too..
- You can also add potatoes and others veggies to this rice. Crush the whole spices a bit to release their aroma in the rice to their best..