You can cook Tibetian Dumplings using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tibetian Dumplings
- You need of For the Dough:.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, mashed and minced.
- Prepare of Approx 1/2 cup water.
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting.
- It’s of For the Filling:.
- Prepare 1 cup of minced or ground beef /lamb/ chicken.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, diced finely.
- You need 1 handful of chopped garlic chives or scallions.
- It’s 2-3 of garlic pods, minced finely.
- You need 1 of fistful of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 5 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s to taste of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Tibetian Dumplings instructions
- Prepare the dough: Add the mashed and minced garlic in a small bowl along with water and let it steep for 20 to 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, add the flour and make a well in the centre. Strain the garlic water through a sieve into the well in the flour..
- Use your fingers and make a circular motion to incorporate the water into the flour.
- Start to knead the dough until stiff and smooth, approx 5 to 8 minutes.
- Cover the dough and let rest 30 minutes.
- Prepare the filling: Add all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Check the taste and adjust the flavours.
- Prepare the Momos: Divide the dough into equal sized pieces. approx 25..
- Take a dough ball and dust with flour and flatten it slightly..
- Use a rolling pin (small) to roll the dough balls into 2-inch rounds, making sure not to put pressure in the middle. Ensure to put pressure on the edges as we want the edges to be thinner than the centre..
- Roll enough dough balls your steamer can hold and stack them with flour or spread them on a large plate but ensure to keep them covered all time..
- Place a tablespoon of filling in the centre of each rolled dough round and seal the dumplings with your choice of method. Pinch to close one end of the momo and start to pleat, You can please one side and stick the pleat to the other edge as you go OR, pleat on both the edges and stick as you go until the end (leaf life momo).
- Grease the steamer with oil to prevent the momos from sticking..
- Ensure to add enough water to the steamer and bring it to full boil before placing the momos..
- Place enough momos in the steamer without touching each other and steam for 15-20 minutes..
- Please tag @appetizing.adventure on instagram if you do make this!.