Cashew capsicum and peas curry Restaurant style.
You can have Cashew capsicum and peas curry Restaurant style using 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cashew capsicum and peas curry Restaurant style
- Prepare 1/2 cup of splited cashew.
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 2 of big onions (roughly diced).
- It’s 2 of medium size tomatoes(roughly diced).
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- You need 6-7 of Kashmiri dry red chilli.
- It’s 1 of black cardamom.
- Prepare 2 of green cardamom.
- It’s 1 tsp of jeera/cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriendar seeds.
- You need 2 of green chillies.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced capsicum.
- It’s 1/2 cup of peas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of kasoori methi.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh cream (malai).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder (if needed).
- You need of For smoking.
- It’s 2 of charcoals.
- It’s 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ghee.
Cashew capsicum and peas curry Restaurant style step by step
- Take 1 tbsp oil in a kadhai. Roast cashew pieces on slow flame till cashew turn pink. Take them out in a plate. In the same oil, add both the types of cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, dry red chillies, jeera and coriendar seeds. Saute on low flame..
- Add diced onion, ginger, green chillies, garlic and saute till onions are translucent and a bit tender. Add tomatoes and salt. Cover and cook till tomatoes are tender..
- Let this mixture cool. Grind it to very fine paste using a little water if required..
- In a kadhai, take 2 tbsp oil and butter. Add capsicum and saute for a few seconds or till it releases its flavour. Then add peas. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add the red paste and saute on medium to high flame while stirring continuously. Saute till the paste loose most of the moisture and it releases so much oil that it releases the kadhai and literally slides around while stirring..
- Add cashew at this point. Combine well and saute for a few seconds. Add about 200 ml water. Combine well..
- Add red chilli powder, fresh cream and milk..
- Add kasoori methi (crushing between your palms). Cover the kadhai and simmer on low flame for about 5 min or until the oil floats on the surface..
- Transfer the sabzi in a serving bowl. Place a plate/bowl in the centre. Burn the charcoal and place on the plate. Be ready with a lid to cover the bowl. Sprinkle some asafoetida on the burning charcoal. Pour ghee on the charcoal and cover the sabzi bowl immediately. Let the smoke set in sabzi for about 10 min. After that remove the charcoal plate and serve..