You can cook Cottage pie using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cottage pie
- You need of Mince.
- You need 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 3 of carrots, sliced.
- You need 250 g of mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cans of water.
- Prepare 500 g of beef mince.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato purée.
- You need 1 of beef stock cube.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s of Italian herbs.
- You need of Mash.
- Prepare 500 g of Potatoes (or however many needed to cover top with mash).
- You need 25 g of butter.
- Prepare of Milk.
Cottage pie step by step
- Fry the onions and garlic for 2min, add the carrots, put on the lid and swet for 5min.
- Once sweted, add the mushrooms and fry for a few minutes.
- Add mince and brown.
- Add stock cube, purée, tomatoes, water, herbs and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 50min.
- Pre heat oven to 200oC.
- While the mince is simmering, peal the potatoes, cut into equal chunks and boil for 20mins.
- When the potatoes have boiled, mash them with butter and milk..
- When both the mince and mash are ready but mince in the bottom of dish and put mash on top. Make pattern with fork on top in the mash. Put in oven for 20min.