Banana Bread Porridge.
You can have Banana Bread Porridge using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Bread Porridge
- You need 40 g of porridge oats.
- You need 180 ml of milk/water.
- You need of Semi-skimmed or dairy free (Almond works well).
- Prepare 1 of large banana: ½ mashed and ½ sliced (if want caramelised bananas).
- You need 2 tsp of maple syrup/honey.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- You need of Small handful of chopped almonds.
- Prepare of To serve.
- Prepare of Small handful toasted flaked almonds.
- It’s of Caramelized bananas.
Banana Bread Porridge step by step
- Heat the oats, milk/water, mashed banana, chopped almonds, cinnamon and vanilla in a saucepan over a medium-low heat..
- Cook for 5 minutes until the oats are cooked and the texture is as desired (add more milk if you want it thinner)..
- Whilst the porridge is cooking, cook the caramelised bananas. In a non-stick frying pan, place the sliced bananas and cover with the maple syrup. Cook over a medium heat, flipping gently occasionally, until golden brown and soft..
- Pour into a bowl and serve with the toasted flaked almonds and a dash of honey/maple syrup if desired..