Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie.
You can have Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/4 kg of potatoes and sweet potatoe cut into small chunks. 50% each.
- You need 1 of onion finely chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- It’s 400 grams of minced lamb.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt and pepper to season.
- You need 3 of leeks cut into discs.
- You need 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of lamb stock.
- It’s 1 bunch of fresh mint finely chopped.
- Prepare 50 ml of milk.
- Prepare 25 grams of butter.
Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie step by step
- You will need two good sized pans and a large oven proof baking dish for this recipe..
- Put all potatoes into a pan add a little salt. Add enough boiling water to cover them. Put lid on and simmer..
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft..
- Add lamb and season. Cook until brown. About 5 mins. Stir occasionally..
- When brown put the lamb mince into the baking dish. Spread evenly..
- Pour over lamb stock..
- Make an even layer of broccoli and leeks over mince. They will cook in the oven..
- When potatoes are ready drain and return to pan. Add milk, butter, mint (leave some mint for later) and then mash..
- Form an even layer of mash over mince. Sprinkle a little mint on top..
- Put into a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 40 mins or until golden brown on top..
- Serve with salad and a nice white wine. Enjoy..