Slow cooked beef & kidney pie (the cheating way). Cook beef stew in a slow cooker for really tender meat. Add button mushrooms or smoked paprika for extra flavour – it will be an instant family favourite. An incredible slow cooked beef that's fall-apart tender smothered in a creamy Stroganoff sauce with buttery garlic mushrooms, it's made with It's the slow cooked version of classic Beef Stroganoff.
Add beef to the skillet and cook until evenly browned. Once cooked, remove the beef from the slow cooker and cover with foil to keep warm. If you want to be sure about cooking times, use a meat thermometer – one is. You can cook Slow cooked beef & kidney pie (the cheating way) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow cooked beef & kidney pie (the cheating way)
- Prepare 1 pound of shin of beef.
- Prepare 2 of lambs kidneys.
- It’s 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- You need of Gravy granules.
- You need 1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry.
In this video you will learn the basics of French ragout making (French style slow cooked beef). This simple and easy method can be used with Osso Bucco. In this recipe for slow cooker short ribs, the braising liquid is simple, but flavorful. The basis is a combination of sautéed onion and garlic.
Slow cooked beef & kidney pie (the cheating way) step by step
- Dice the meat and give it a blast in the frying pan. Make it nice and brown..
- Add carrots onion and cover with some water or maybe beer. Not too much mind! Just enough to cover the meat and veg..
- Put it in your slow cooker and go for a day out. I did this one for 6 hours on low..
- Get a sheet of ready rolled puff pastry and divide into squares.
- There were just two of us so I froze the left over pastry. Flash freeze them seperately then put them in a freezer bag when they are frozen..
- Put your pastry on a baking tray, brush with egg or milk and sprinkle with coarse salt..
- Bake till golden brown..
- Thicken the slow cooker with gravy granules.
- I served this with roast potatoes and veg. It was delicious.
Beef broth and worcestershire sauce is added. Beef Stew; is there a dish more comforting than this?? Its absolutely perfect for cold fall and winter days. It's incredibly hearty and perfectly flavorful. This is a stew you'll want to make again and again!