African Salad (abacha). This African Salad (Abacha) is a staple dish in Nigeria and amazingly very easy to create. Full Recipe Details ► See full details belowSubscribe to. African salad (Abacha) is a delicious west African food that is native to the ndi Igbo (people of Igbo), here is all you need to know about this Nigerian Delicious Dessert and even all the ingredients used in.
African salad, abacha also called tapioca is a mouth-watering Nigerian meal that is most common among the Igbo people. African Salad – How to Make Abacha Cassava. African salad is a local food popularly know as Abacha by the igbos. You can cook African Salad (abacha) using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of African Salad (abacha)
- It’s of Dry Cassava flakes.
- Prepare of Blended crayfish.
- Prepare of Sliced fresh bonnet peppers.
- It’s of Sliced onions.
- You need of Potash.
- You need of Fish.
- Prepare of Ponmo.
- Prepare of Tomatoes and pepper blended.
- Prepare of Uziza leafs sliced.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare of Water.
- Prepare of Garden egg leafs sliced.
- You need of Garden eggs.
- It’s of Shredded oil bean.
It is a very healthy and sweet food. Abacha food (African salad) as seen from this post is a nutritious food, consumed fresh, without preservatives and thus it is recommended for all age groups. Special care however, has to be taken in. It is called African salad because the Igbo's ideology is that salad is made from fresh, raw ingredients and eaten without further Abacha, which is the main ingredient is gotten from processed cassava.
African Salad (abacha) step by step
- Soak the cassava flakes in clean water for about 20minutes..
- Wash the ponmo and cook separately If using fresh fish, cut as desired and fry..
- Heat little vegetable oil, sauté onions and fry the blended tomatoes and peppers. Add salt and seasoning cubes. Add the ponmo and fish. Set aside..
- The cassava flakes would have soaked and doubled in size by now. Rinse and put in a sieve to drain water. Wash the leafs, place in a separate sieve to drain water. Set both aside..
- Dissolve the potash as needed in little water, depending on how plenty your sauce should be..
- Sieve the potash water in a bowl, add palm oil as needed, add the shredded oil bean, add seasoning cubes, blended crayfish, salt and stir thoroughly to form a thick and yellowish paste..
- Add the cassava flakes, sliced peppers, onions and leafs, mixing everything thoroughly to combine. Place on heat to cook for like 2 minutes. Serve along side the peppered ponmo, fish and sliced garden eggs…
This delicious African salad recipe is a staple meal in south-east Nigeria! Pour the Abacha into a clean bowl, pour the boiled water into the bowl of Abacha and allow to soak for a minute. This Abacha African Salad can be served as a main, side or even a snack, which makes it a perfect versatile festive season dish. Ugba makes or breaks this delicious meal. How to prepare African salad (abacha) ( ) Abacha is prepared with cassava.