Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan.
You can cook Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of carrots, chopped.
- It’s 3 sticks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove, peeled and crushed.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Lebanese 7 spice or baharat or ras el hanout.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s of anything from a pinch to 1/2 tsp chilli flakes depending on taste.
- Prepare 1 litre of vegan/ veggie stock.
- You need 1 can of /400g chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 of can/ 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1/3 cup of red lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of Parsley or coriander to garnish.
Chickpea and vegetable soup – vegan step by step
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium-low heat. Add the garlic, onion, celery and carrot. Sauté for about 10 mins til they start to soften..
- Add the spices, stir through and cook for a minute or two..
- Add the stock and tomatoes. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chickpeas and lentils. Season. Bring down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 20-25 minutes..
- Squeeze in the lemon. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle the parsley or coriander. Enjoy!.