Chana daal and peas pilau.
You can have Chana daal and peas pilau using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chana daal and peas pilau
- You need 1 cup of rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of split chick peas (chana daal).
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- You need 1 of onion sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of cashews.
- You need 2 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 2 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ginger paste.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chilli paste.
- It’s 2 of curry leaves.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of dried chilli.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- You need 6 of whole black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pau bhaji masala.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
Chana daal and peas pilau instructions
- Soak the split chick peas in hot water for an hour. Wash rice thoroughly and soak for minimum of 30 minutes.
- On medium heat, in a pan add ghee and oil and add cumin, black pepper, bay leaves, curry leaves, star anise, red dry chilli, cloves and cashews. Sauté until the cashews are light golden. Add in onion, ginger and garlic and sauté for couple of minutes..
- Add in the peas and split chick peas. Add in turmeric, pau bhaji masala, chilli powder and salt. Stir and let it cook for further minute. Remove water from rice and add. Stir and mix thoroughly. Add in 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 lemon juice. Cover and cook on low heat for 10 minutes or until cooked..
- Once cooked remove the cover and let it stand for 5 minutes. Transfer in serving bowl. Garnish with roasted peanuts, coriander and baby tomatoes or to your desire. Enjoy!.