Lentil pilaf in rice cookerعدس پلو.
You can cook Lentil pilaf in rice cookerعدس پلو using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lentil pilaf in rice cookerعدس پلو
- Prepare of lean minced beef/lamb.
- It’s of large onion, diced.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- Prepare of teaspoon cumin powder.
- Prepare of tomato paste.
- You need of teaspoon cinnamon powder.
- You need of seedless raisins washed.
- It’s of basmati or other long grain rice.
- Prepare of brown lentil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- You need of saffron.
- It’s of Canola oil.
- It’s of Plain or greek yogurt to serve.
Lentil pilaf in rice cookerعدس پلو step by step
- Put washed lentils in a pot. Add water and let them cook about 30 mintes. Meanwhile wash and drain the rice. Put the rice in rice cooker along 2 cups water(this is less than usual plain rice). Add half teaspoon of turmeric powder and all the cinnamon powder and some canola oil. Let the rice stand in rice cooker one or 2 hours prior to cooking. Pour 2 table spoon hot water on saffron threads and let saffron water stand 1 to 2 hours covered in a cup prior to start cooking rice..
- In a frying pan heat the oil, fry the onion until golden. Turn on rice cooker. When the water in rice cooker absorb by rice add cooked lentils to rice cooker. Now add remaining turmeric and all the cumin powder to fried onions. Add minced meat and saute until meat change color. Add tomato paste and salt and black pepper and saute few minutes. Cover the meat with enough water. Bring to boil, cover the pan. Cook for about 45 minutes until water finish. Saute raisins in some oil in seprate pan..
- 1 hour after turning on rice cooker, fluff the rice and lentils. Let it steam for another 30 minutes. Now unplug the rice cooker. Pour saffron on top of rice and extra melted butter(if you like butter). Serve the rice with cooked minced meat and sauted raisins and yogurt..