Christmas morning breakfast bake. It's a great dish for a holiday brunch," says recipe creator Womanmarine. Add a fruit salad or a side of sausage, and a festive Christmas breakfast is served. Panettone is a buttery, sweet Italian bread filled with dried fruit that's eaten at the holidays.
Or wake, make, bake, and serve it immediately for firmer toast. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over bread and cheese. Pour the egg mixture into baking dish and gently submerge the bread. You can have Christmas morning breakfast bake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas morning breakfast bake
- It’s 1 packages of bacon.
- It’s 1 lb of Breakfast Sausage.
- It’s 1 each of Ham steak.
- It’s 1 packages of Tater tots, I use the " crown" shape.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of dehydrated, minced onions. Fresh chopped onions work just as well. Whichever you prefer..
- Prepare 1 dozen of eggs, you may need more or less depending on the pan you use & if you add milk or not..
- It’s 2 packages of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2 can of sliced mushrooms – drained, optional.
Cover and refrigerate for two hours or overnight. Apple Butter Biscuit Breakfast Bake My grandmother created this recipe to use up the leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner. By combining leftover ham and biscuits with milk, eggs and her homemade apple butter, she served us all a warm, delicious breakfast and still was able to spend with her grandchildren. This recipe is full of ingredients that are common for breakfast: bread, eggs, ham, cheese, milk, cereal, and more.
Christmas morning breakfast bake step by step
- The night before..
- Brown the sausage..
- Dice and brown the ham..
- Bake the bacon in a 350° oven until crispy. I start checking at 25-30 minutes..
- Let the meats cool, crumble the bacon, then put in containers & refrigerate..
- Christmas morning.
- Bake the tater tots according to package directions. When done baking reduce oven temp to 350°. By the time the dish is assembled the oven should be at the right temp..
- Place all of the precooked meats in a skillet over med-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until nicely scrambled. I put milk in mine, but that is optional..
- Season the eggs to your taste. Add the onions and most of the cheese to the eggs..
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish layer the meats and tots. If using mushrooms, add them..
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish. It should come just to the top of the other ingredients..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes..
- When it is almost done, remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven long enough for cheese to get bubbly and melty..
- Serve in squares and enjoy..
I love how easy this casserole is to make. Assemble it the evening before and place it in the fridge overnight. On Christmas morning, throw it in the oven to bake for an hour and then serve. This French toast bake is refrigerated overnight and baked the morning of for a warm, bread-pudding version of French toast. Some reviewers recommend dipping the bread in the liquid mixture rather than pouring the entire mixture over the bread, to prevent your bake from coming out too soggy.