Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup.
You can cook Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup
- You need 1 of small pack couscous.
- You need 1 handful of fresh peas.
- It’s 2 of small carrots, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need of Hot sauce for garnish.
- Prepare Teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Prepare of For the soup.
- It’s Half of kg spicy cooked beef.
- Prepare 1 of big can sweet corn.
- You need 1 of big carrot, julienned.
- It’s 1 of small green and red bell peppers, julienned.
- It’s Teaspoon of each, ginger and garlic pastes.
- You need of Crushed scotch bonnets.
- Prepare 1 of big onion, sliced.
- It’s of Quarter cup vegetable oil.
- You need cubes of Some salt and seasoning.
- Prepare Half of teaspoon turmeric powder.
- You need Half of teaspoon dry thyme.
- It’s Half of teaspoon curry powder.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of cornflour.
Stir fried couscous/corn beef soup step by step
- For the couscous,pour the couscous in a large bowl,add the salt and butter and stir together.gently pour boiled water over it.once the water covers the top of the couscous, it's enough.use a wooden spoon to stir well until the butter dissolves completely.cover tight and keep aside for 30nins..
- Heat the oil in a large sauce pan or pot,once hot add the chopped onion,peas and carrots.stir fry for 10mins to enable the veggies get soft.after 10mins gradually add in the couscous and stir well to combine. Stir for 5nins and it's done..
- For the soup, heat the oil in a large pot. Add sliced onion,ginger and garlic pastes,scotch bonnet and thyme. Stir fry till onion is translucent.add water (hot or cold), depending on how much u want the soup. Add the beef and carrot, stir, cover and bring to a boil. Add salt, seasoning cubes, sweet corn,bell peppers, curry and turmeric. Stir and cover to cook for 5mins. Mix the cornflour with some water to make a smooth paste. Use the cornstarch to thicken the soup..
- Stir and cook for 3_5mins,on low heat. Serve with the couscous..