350g Sourdough Loaf. Hi Jodie, I'm so glad you sourdough loaf came out beautiful! The way I made my sourdough starter have more of a "sourdough" taste is by feeding it less frequently. Younger starters often have a more mild taste.
I didn't make any other changes for my Sourdough Beer Bread Recipe – just a straight swap with beer instead of water. Created using the finest ingredients which were hand-selected to be uniquely satisfied. Featuring delicate sourdough to create an aroma of flavor before you take your first bite, this loaf is truly a staple for any vegan or gluten-free household. You can cook 350g Sourdough Loaf using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 350g Sourdough Loaf
- It’s 110 g of Starter.
- It’s 220 g of Bread Flour.
- You need 150 ml of Warm Water.
- Prepare 15 g of Salt.
- You need 150 g of Extra Bread Flour.
- Prepare 10-15 of Ice Cubes.
Editor's note: To make your own sourdough starter, follow Beranbaum's instructions. This bread is as homespun as bread can get, using a stiff sourdough starter cultivated from wild yeast. This is my recipe for artisan sourdough bread. I've been at it for years, baking, publishing recipes and videos about it.
350g Sourdough Loaf instructions
- If you don’t have a Sourdough starter then you’ll need to make one which will takes at least 7 days to prepare..
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together with a wooden spoon. At this point the dough should be wet and sticky..
- With your hands pull the dough up and fold it on it’s self. Keeping doing this for about 3 minutes..
- Place a damp cloth over the bowl and leave for 1 hour..
- Once an hour has gone by, repeat the folding while adding a little flour (30g/ 40g). Then do this 2 more times..
- After the last fold, line a bowl with a cloth and heavily flour it. Place the dough in the bowl and allow the the dough to rise for up to an hour..
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Once you’ve allowed the dough to rise, flip the dough over onto a baking tray..
- Prepare another baking tray with the ice and make sure there are two trays in the oven. Place the bread on the top shelf and the ice on the bottom one. Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes..
- Take the bread out the oven and allow to cool completely..
- Top Tip💡: Slice the bread between a 1cm and 1.5cm thickness. Toast lightly and serve with creamy, parsley mushrooms..
Now I felt it was time to publish my updated Master Recipe for sourdough bread. Pain au levain is the classic sourdough loaf found in any European-style artisan bakery and plastered all over your IG feed. With the help of Kristen Dennis, a sourdough expert and popular Instagram baker, I've outlined the process for a simple, medium-hydration dough based on some of her methods. Build the Levain: A levain will be used to leaven your bread. But in this version, I was targeting a higher loaf despite the high rye content.