Bashonti Pulao (Basanti Pulao).
You can have Bashonti Pulao (Basanti Pulao) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bashonti Pulao (Basanti Pulao)
- It’s of rice (preferably Gobindo Bhog chaal or Ambe Mor).
- It’s of hot water.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of grated ginger.
- It’s of Ghee.
- Prepare of cashews.
- It’s of raisins.
- It’s of dried red chilli.
- You need of bay leaf.
- You need of green cardomom.
- You need of cinammon stick.
- You need of Turmeric powder.
Bashonti Pulao (Basanti Pulao) instructions
- Wash the rice, strain and dry it. Then add 1 tbsp of ghee, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp grated ginger. Massage it and keep it covered. Now rest it for an hour..
- Heat a pan add a tsp of ghee to it and fry the dry-fruits. Now keep this aside..
- After an hour, in the same pan, add 2 tbsp of ghee. When the ghee becomes hot, add green cardomom, cinammon stick, dried red chilli, bay leaf. Add 1 tbsp of ginger. Fry them for about 30 secs. Then add the marinated rice to it..
- Add the fried cashews & raisins to it. Combine everything and fry it for a while, roughly around 2 to 3 mins on a low flame. Now add hot water to it..
- Add salt and sugar, as per your taste. But remember, the sugar content should be little high as it is a sweet pulao. Cover the pan & cook it on a low flame until it's done. Donot use spatula in-between. When the water dries out, add 2 tbsp of ghee, mix it gently and serve hot with any non-veg dishes of your choice, may it be chicken or mutton..