Sunday Mac N' Cheese.
You can cook Sunday Mac N' Cheese using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sunday Mac N' Cheese
- You need 3 cup of elbow macaroni.
- You need 1 lb of block of sharp cheddar cheese(shredded).
- Prepare 1 block of Colby cheese, shredded.
- You need 1 can of evaporated milk.
- Prepare 1 of salt/pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
Sunday Mac N' Cheese instructions
- Par-boil elbow macaroni. Do not boil until cooked thru, just enough to soften noodles..
- Placed cooled, cooked noodles in a buttered casserole dish. In a separate bowl mix evaporated milk and egg. Add salt and pepper to egg mixture..
- Add cheese to macaroni and pour over egg and evaporated milk mixture. Stir everything together and sprinkle extra cheese on top..
- Dot the top with butter and bake with lid off for about 25-30 minutes. Here is the key….do not wait to remove from oven when the top is dark brown. Remove from oven early to prevent it from over cooking as it will continue to cook! Hope you enjoy!.