You can cook Cornbread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cornbread
- Prepare of flour.
- Prepare of cormeal.
- You need of sugar plus 2 tablespoons.
- You need of TBLS. baking powder.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of milk.
- Prepare of cooking oil.
- You need of eggs slightly beaten.
- Preheat oven to 400•.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl..
- Measure oil, eggs, and milk..
- Combine milk, oil, and slightly beaten eggs in a smaller mixing bowl..
- Stir in liquid measurements to the dry ingredients and stir with large spoon. No mixer needed. Batter should be thicker than cake batter, but thin enough to pour. Add a tiny bit of milk to thin if needed..
- Pour a puddle of cooking oil into 9×13" pan. Use paper towel or basting brush to coat sides and bottom of pan with oil. Leave excess oil in pan..
- Pour cornmeal batter into pan anf bake for 25 minutes or until steak knife inserted into cornbread comes out clean..
- Cut cornbread and serve warm with butter. It's good eaten with chili, soup, or beans of any kind..
- Cut this recipe in half and bake in an 8×8" pan for less cornbread..