Simple couscous. Is it a type of pasta? Learn the answer, along with how to cook it from this foolproof couscous recipe. Couscous is a North African dish made from tiny steamed balls of semolina flour.
This is how i prepare simple vegetarian couscous. Please feel free to leave comment and ask questions. Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. You can cook Simple couscous using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Simple couscous
- It’s 1 pack of couscous.
- Prepare 2 spoon of oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of ball of sweet pepper.
- You need 50 g of peas.
- Prepare 3 pieces of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of ball of onions.
- Prepare of Water.
Made from semolina wheat, couscous is nutty, sweet, and versatile — it also happens to be incredibly quick-cooking. Once boiling, add the couscous, cinnamon, peas and salt and pepper to taste. Stir quickly to mix and take pan off the heat. Fluff with a fork and stir in toasted.
Simple couscous instructions
- Get a bowl and pour your couscous in it, add your salt and oil and mix them together, set aside.
- Get a bowl and cut your carrot into small shapes and add your peas and par boil them together, sieve the water and pour it in your couscous and mix them together.
- Cut you onions into small shape and pour it into the mixture of your couscous and stair it.
- Boil a water at 100oC and pour your couscous in it and stair it 2 times, off your stove and pour it in a sieve and let the water drain, all of it.
- Boil a water at 100oC and put your sieve on it and cover it with a foil paper or lather and cover it with the pot cover.
- Check it every 2 minute for 5 minute, allow it to stem for the 5 minute. Note:is the stemming that is going to make it cook softly..
- Pour in a plate and decorate it nicely with your sweet pepper, it gives it a nice texture, look and aroma.
- Serve it with a stew or sauce and some eat it with tomatoes.
A food so nice they named it twice. Couscous: Bring the water to a simmer in a small pot over medium heat, then turn off the heat. Learn the simplest way to make a quality couscous dish and variations. BYHolly Cole Have a look at the four simple couscous recipes below and be transported to Morocco and beyond. Here is my method for couscous.