Sourdough prawn toast. Sprinkle the tops with sesame seeds. Char-grill or toast the bread until it is lightly charred on both sides and transfer to four warm plates. Add the prawns; cook until golden on both sides and just cooked through.
Add a glug of rapeseed oil to a large frying pan and allow the oil to heat before adding the bread. Once you've lightly toasted one side remove from the pan and with your leftover half of garlic clove rub the toasted side. Roughly chop the prawns, garlic, ginger, onions and chilli and stick the lot in a food processor with the egg, soy and sesame oil. You can cook Sourdough prawn toast using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough prawn toast
- It’s 3 slices of sourdough cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 pack of cooked king prawn.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- It’s 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare 3 of spring onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted peanut.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s of Veg oil for frying.
Toast Skagen, a classic Swedish smörgås. Made in the traditional manner per Leif Mannerström, with lovely fresh cooked prawns tossed in a creamy dill sauce. Course Brunch, Lunch, Seafood You simply chop up the shrimp/prawn and ground pork/pork mince together, spread it on the bread, drizzle on sesame seeds and fry. It's pretty easy to see when it is cooked enough as both the pork and shrimp will change color and the sesame seeds will toast up nicely.
Sourdough prawn toast step by step
- In a food processor blitz all the ingredients (not the oil, bread or sesame seeds).
- Once you have a chunky paste spread it thick and even onto your bread chunks..
- Pat a hood layer of sesame seeds onto the pasted side of your bread..
- In batches fry off your prawn toast. Starting topped side down fry for a few mins then turn over. Once cooked through serve piping hot with sweet chilli sauce and fresh coriander.
Then just lightly brown the underside for a nice crisp. Essentially the prawns are mixed with mayonnaise, gräddfil (a bit like soured cream) and some seasoning. The choice of seasoning varies somewhat with tabasco, grated horseradish or brandy being the most common. Toast Skagen is popular in restaurants all over Sweden. Squash roasted with chilli and lemon is mashed with caramelised onion, cider vinegar and maple syrup!