French Chicken Casserole.
You can have French Chicken Casserole using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of French Chicken Casserole
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 Kg of chicken thighs.
- It’s 200 g of Bacon Lardons.
- It’s 1 of Onion, Chopped.
- You need 2 of Leeks, Chopped.
- It’s 250 g of Button Mushrooms.
- It’s 200 ml of White wine.
- Prepare 150 ml of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of Creme Fraiche.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 2 Tbs of Corn flower mixed with 2 Tbsp.
- It’s 2 Tbs of fresh Tarragon Leaves.
French Chicken Casserole step by step
- Pre heat oven to 160c..
- In a pre heated pan add half the butter and brown the chicken for a couple minutes each side. Remove the chicken add this to a casserole dish but leave the sauce for cooking the onions etc in..
- Add the remaining butter to the pan and fry the bacon until crispy. Remove and add to the casserole dish. Saving the remaining sauce to cook with..
- Sauté the Onions in the remaining sauce till golden then add the leeks, mushrooms, White wine and Chicken stock and simmer for a couple minutes whilest stirring. Add this to the casserole dish..
- Cover the dish with tinfoil and place in the oven for 40 minutes..
- After 40 Minutes remove the dish from the oven. Stir in the Creme Fraiche, Dijon mustard and Corn flower. Return to the oven for 15 minutes uncovered..
- Garnish with Tarragon and serve with creamy mash, Rice or fresh Garlic bread👌.