#Rice pudding (phirni)#post 25th.
You can cook #Rice pudding (phirni)#post 25th using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of #Rice pudding (phirni)#post 25th
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Rice.
- It’s 1/2 liter of Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare as needed of Sliced almond, pistachios afew.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cardmom powder.
- It’s as needed of Rose essence.
- You need 4-5 of Saffron strand a few.
- You need 2 of Edible silver varak.
#Rice pudding (phirni)#post 25th instructions
- Firstly wash and soak rice in water for at least one hour then blend in a mixture blender coarsely.
- Boil milk in a heavy bottom pan and put the coarstly grind rice..keep on stirring continuously so that the rice may n't stick to the bottom of the pan..soak saffron strands in 2-3 tsp of water(half of the saffron strands keep aside for garnishing).
- Cook milk and rice mixture for about 20 minutes on slow to medium heat or till get a smooth texture.. Add saffron water, sugar, cardamom powder(keep half of the cardamom powder aside for garnishing), rose essence and stir..flame off.. Phirni is done.
- Garnishing_Take small glass bowls and put phirni at once (other wise a layer of malai will form over phirni in the pan, we have to form layer of malai in small bowls over phirni)with the help of a laddle..set silver varak after 5 to 10 minutes when a thin layer of malai formed..sprinkle little bit of crumbled khoya/mava over silver varak then sliced dry fruits(almond, pistachios),a very little pinch of cardamom powder and a few strands of saffron on the top.
- Keep in fridge for about 2 hours to set completely (don't freeze it).
- Serve chilled phirni and feel "Royal".